Monday, December 31, 2012

Savana Diane Foy

We would like to introduce you to the newest member of our Family!

                Savana Diane Foy

 
 

           We welcomed Savana to the world on December 27th at 6:22 pm. She was 7 lbs. 9 oz.( she is our biggest baby, Ashley was 7 lbs 6 oz and Casaya was 4 pounds)  and was 19inches long. She came out with a great set of lungs! 

            We brought her in to this world early for I once again had pre-eclampcia. My blood pressure kept going up. And about a month before we had her. I went to the hospital with really high Blood pressure, and a REALLY  REALLY  bad headache. Well the hospital that my dr delivers at will only deliver if you are past 34 weeks and I was 33 weeks along. So they life flighted me to the University of Utah hospital. I was there for almost a week. They were able to get my blood pressure controlled after a few days. But I was still left with a very bad headache. I had that headache for four weeks (until I delivered) then as soon as I had Savana, with in an hour the headache was gone! YAY!!! The headache was not the normal kind, it was very painful and would not go away even with very strong headache pills.  

            We were on our way to the hospital to have Savana (we had her by C-section) when we got a phone call from Jeremys mom. She was trying to fix her tv and was standing on a chair when her leg went one way and she went the other. It took her three hours to get up stairs to get her phone to call any one. Well she called us. We felt so bad that there was nothing we could do for her. We were all ready on our way to the hospital and it was 1 1/2 until I was scheduled for the surgery. We called my mom and got my mom over there to help her, until Jeremys Dad could get home from work. It turned out she broke two different bones just below her knee. 

            When we got to the hospital and got checked in, there was about an hour of waiting. They then took us back to the O.R. and started to get me ready for my spinal and epidural. They were having a very hard time trying to get it in, they had to poke my spine 6 different times before the got it in the right spot!!! Let me tell you! OUCH!!! But after I was all numbed up, every thing else went just like clock work. (except for the fact that she had her cord wrapped three times around her neck. So thank goodness we did a c-section She was born with a great set of lungs! She was very unhappy and she was letting us know about it! 

           After we were in the recovery room and Ashley and Casaya got to come meet their baby sister for the first time. They could not wait to hold her! Casaya was tired and wanted to be held, so my mom held her. While the nurses were checking out Savana my mom tried coming over to talk to me and Casaya kept saying "no Grandma go back" and would point twords the baby. She did not want to leave her any thing.

        She has been a very good baby. She loves to be held 24/7. Savana has quite a few nick names all ready: Bana, Vana, Lamb Chops, Lamby, and Ana. She got the nick names Lamb Chops and Lamby because when she gets screaming she sounds just like a baby lamb!

          Savana is a great sleeper! She has been on this earth for four days, and two of the nights she has slept through the night! We have to wake her up in the middle of the night just so she can eat! 

          Here are a few pics we have of her (we have a lot more, but unfortunately I do not have a computer that I can put them on. So these are the ones that I can put on for now, and when we get a new computer, we will put lots of pics up (we will also put up pics of other things as well)




No comments: